Here’s a photo challenge I put together to help you increase the number of fans for your facebook fanpage or create buzz with your twitter group account. The photo challenge lasts 20 days and covers a series of photo tasks. You can recruit students who want to participate or have them participate as groups.
A few suggestions:
1. Come up with a cool prize for several categories or give a prize for each day.
2. Encourage likes and re-sharing.
3. Inform, inform, inform. Let everyone know every day how to vote and offer reminders to students participating to not forget to snap a photo.
4. Celebrate creativity.
5. Resist giving ideas let them decide themselves what to shoot.
6. Set a few ground rules or “common sense” guidelines on images that you feel comfortable with.
I have two postcard sized templates here. One is made up of all of the challenges where you fill in the facebook fanpage name and twitter hashtag you want to use for the challenge. The second one is blank if you don’t like the challenge offerings. The font I used is called “facebook letter faces.” Enjoy and have fun.