Here’s a tutorial for Marquee letters from Design Sponge via Ruffled. The letters that you see above and below were made from foam board and poster board. The end product looks vintage. This is as low as a low budget project that you can get for marquee letters. Here is a list of supplies that you will need for this project.
– foam board and poster board, 2 sheets of each
– spray paint (metallic silver and red)
– G50 light bulbs *the bulbs pictured below were not the actual bulbs used in the final product
– hot glue
– C9 stringers
– printed letters (use serif font of your choice to achieve the same look) to desired size (just remember they need to fit your foam board!)
– cutting mat and x-acto knife
Instructions for this tutorial are posted here. Enjoy.