CLUB SONGS

Music that we played at club this past week:

Fast Song 1 – Sweet Home Alabama (have to start with a classic)

Fast Song 2 – Dynamite by Taio Cruz

Medium Song – Firework by Katie Perry (capo 1 was too high for me, so we just played it open with the same chords)

Slow Song – Breakeven by The Script

Content Song – Your Love is Deep by Jami Smith

Every one of these songs was a HUGE hit. The kids were screaming so loud, I couldn’t even hear my guitar, which, when you play guitar like me, is a good thing.

Here is a screen shot of my iTunes playlist for club. It is always a fine line when picking music that is good and relevant, but also is not just completely raunchy. I would love to have feedback. Specifically, what songs are you all playing that the kids love to sing?

Tags:

7 Responses to “CLUB SONGS”

1. Cooper September 21, 2011 at 11:43 am #

Nice list!
    I totally understand the feeling of defining the line between whats ok and what is over the line.

This week at club our theme was earthquake awareness (we live in Virginia)
    Our songs were:
    Grenade – Bruno Mars
    Dynamite – Taio Cruz
    End of the World as we know it – REM (Kind of a dud… only the chorus is fun, kids still loved it)

Content song: Everything Falls – Fee

All of our kids loved them as well. We actually don’t play our music on guitar we just plug the ipod in and play it on screen and have some leaders up front singing and the kids just sing along. It works pretty well until we get a leader willing to play.

2. chadswanzy September 21, 2011 at 11:47 am #

awesome.. this enough for it’s own post

3. Cooper September 22, 2011 at 7:15 pm #

I also have made a WHOLE bunch of lyric videos. If you are running a YL club and do not have a guitar and don’t want to use the old ipod+overhead set up. I would totally be willing to give you some of my lyric videos.

They are super easy… you just click play :D

4. Mike October 31, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

What do you mean by “played at club this past week”? Sorry Im new to your site and wasn’t sure. Is that your youth group gathering?

5. chadswanzy October 31, 2011 at 1:11 pm #

Yes, club is the weekly gathering of high school students in the Younglife Mission. There are clubs all over the country and in other countries. They gather students pay games, sing songs and have a gospel planned conversation at each club.

6. Kaleigh November 8, 2011 at 1:21 pm #

Hey, I would LOVE to have access to those lyric videos as we don’t have a guitar player right now either, and I am just starting to experiment with playing songs through an ipod. Thanks!

7. DaveOgg January 23, 2012 at 9:09 pm #

THANKS!
    I was just thinking/wrestling with this thought today! PLEASE keep the MUSIC posts coming!

They are very helpful!