YOUTH LEADERS SHOULD ROOT FOR GREEN BAY

If you don’t have a favorite team in the Superbowl this year turn your cheers toward Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers, quarterback for Green Bay, is a Younglife leader and grew up with Younglife in high school and actively supports them in fundraising as well. If that doesn’t sway you then you should consider his photobombing skills 22words posted today. Click to enlarge.

Join our Facebook fanpage.

Advertise for your blog, resource, or site on the Stash. View Ad-units & Prices.

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “YOUTH LEADERS SHOULD ROOT FOR GREEN BAY”

1. Jim Clark January 27, 2011 at 10:45 am #

Nope… Can’t do it… I’m a Bears fan. Sorry, just like the Cubs hate the Cardinals (and I know from experience… I’m one of those as well), Bears fans hate the Packers.

Sorry.

Since I hate the Steelers too… I’m cheering on the refs and the commercials…

2. chadswanzy January 27, 2011 at 11:09 am #

Have mercy on your soul.

3. Ben Read January 27, 2011 at 1:13 pm #

I grew up in Chicago as a Packers fan. Easy choice.

4. T.J. Woodard January 27, 2011 at 4:01 pm #

I’m a huge Bears fan…I’m talking I watch training camp videos & pre-season games.
    And I hate the Packers.

But somehow I’ve convinced myself to root for Green Bay for the following reasons:

I’m sick of the Steelers winning every other year. I don’t hate them like I hate the Patriots, but still.

I almost always root for the NFC in the SuperBowl.

I like Rodgers more than Roethlisberger.

Somehow getting knocked out by the eventual champions makes me feel better than losing to anyone else.

Most teams struggle the year after winning a Super Bowl, which would be great for my Bears next year!

5. rob February 24, 2011 at 9:40 am #

I have some kids going to Younglife with friends on Weds with friends instead of coming to youth group. I’m happy they’re doing something spiritual. They told me its fun and I encouraged them to keep going even though id like them to keep coming. They said club is fun, I’m not familiar with yl, could I learn something from yl and set up my Weds like that?

6. chadswanzy February 24, 2011 at 9:52 am #

Absolutely but you got to seek balance. Younglife is not just about the club. This is why they have campaigners for discipleship where they talk about Biblical community.

7. rob February 24, 2011 at 10:37 am #

Okay, so the club is what their group is called or what they attend weekly and is a campaigner the lesson given at the club? As long as they are getting fed a lesson I’m happy.

I’m praying for them, this is the first time I have heard of Younglife in our area, I had heard of it when I was in high school but never attended.

8. chadswanzy February 24, 2011 at 10:45 am #

Club is where they gather students and create an experience that is fun and engaging. Over the course of a semester or year they will share the Gospel over a series of talks designed for non-believing students. When a student comes to Christ through camp, leader mentoring, or club they began to disciple them in an extremely solid presentation of core faith practices and beliefs. In those environments they study the church and encourage students to attend. The best way students attend a church is with their friend who attends one also. Having key students support Younglife on mission in their school with “helpful servant” presence will empower them to see their friends find out about Jesus along with things at the common youth group. It is a great partnership.

9. rob February 24, 2011 at 10:55 am #

Thanks for the info. Love this site.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention AARON RODGERS YOUNGLIFE LEADER | youth leader stash -- Topsy.com - January 27, 2011

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Chris Storms, Carter Riner and Bryant Smith, Chad Swanzy. Chad Swanzy said: aaron rodgers #younglife leader… 3 yrs of #photobombs and why you should cheer for #greenbay http://bit.ly/fCiIrU #stumin #youthministry […]