VIDEO PROMO TIPS

Isn’t it great that technology has made just about anything possible? You can purchase an HD Flip camera and do some pretty awesome stuff. What might not be so easy is deciding what’s awesome. I wanted to share with you a few tricks in making sure you’ve got the best things coming for your students.

1. Keep it short. If you’re doing a bumper for a teaching series or even an activity promo you really need to challenge yourself on building a piece that is less than 45 seconds.

2. Use the right music. This sounds intrinsic but often times we get excited about what “we” like as adults and don’t ask ourselves the right question. Is this what I like or is this something the students will like? If you don’t know just ask them.

3. Leave them wanting more. It’s not a good video if it doesn’t call them to movement. You don’t want to make them decide in 30 seconds you just want them to look. Seriously… “What is that?” Is a very powerful video question that you are shooting for.

4. Vary the visual. Close ups, action, color, and angles in vast quantities are your friend. Use them all.

5. Look to culture. They spend millions of dollars to target and reach your audience. They don’t waste money or throw things out half heatedly.

Watch this and see how it compels you.

If you’ve got any great tips yourself I would love to hear them. Leave a comment for the whole crew at the Stash to learn from.

BUY THE FIRST 30 DAYS OF YOUTH LEADER STASH (29 GAME GRAPHICS AND PDF INSTRUCTIONS.)

Tags: , , ,

7 Responses to “VIDEO PROMO TIPS”

1. Pauline June 28, 2010 at 9:25 am #

Nice language for a Youth Leader (Black Nike Air Yeezy)…way to show an example of being not of this world……not sure why that link would be on here….

2. chadswanzy June 28, 2010 at 9:40 am #

Hi Pauline. Thanks for being so thorough of our site’s content. I hope you are getting good ideas. A “Black Nike Air Yeezy” is a brand of shoe. Nike makes the shoe. The shoe is black. It is from the “Air” line of shoes. Yeezy is the name of the shoe. The shoe itself is amoral. Meaning in and of itself it has zero capacity to place anyone in spiritual jeopardy. That being said, the reverse is true as well, meaning it can’t make you grow spiritually. It’s simply a shoe. The shoe can be worn on the foot to walk in.

3. Michael Bayne June 28, 2010 at 10:47 am #

This comment and Chad’s response just made my day…seriously funny

4. Pauline June 30, 2010 at 8:10 am #

Um…I wasn’t referring to the shoe’s name…I was referring to the language the “Leader” used in making Yeezy video…..”F@# around”, F@# around” after they guy flexes his muscles… watch it…The shoes are probably great….it’s too bad, ’cause the guys is talented and has some great ideas, but lost my respect going down to that level. Maybe profanity’s not a big deal to some, but I think there’s better ways to connect with people.

5. Pauline June 30, 2010 at 8:12 am #

And no, I don’t think the shoe itself will make one stumble.

6. Pauline June 30, 2010 at 12:18 pm #

And…..I guess I thought Frank the Butcher was a Youth Leader….after reading more about him, not the case…just put there for inspiration I guess, “looking to the culture” My bad.

7. chadswanzy June 30, 2010 at 1:27 pm #

Ok… I get that. Thanks for getting back around to the context of the post. The other videos and even the one used are not my own but suited the purpose of the post as a “how to make” and not for a “what to say.”