Plan B Rules.
When things go wrong…
1. Do not panic. Conveying panic to your team or wearing your feelings on your sleeve will give everyone around you permission to freak out and think the worst possible outcomes.
2. Know in advance. Be prepared with a solution for if it rains, the venue didn’t open at 1am for the all nighter, only half showed up or twice as many. Think.
3. Stop and look around. Who is with you and how can you divide and conquer.
4. Clearly communicate. When you figured out what to do next. Choose the right people and give them specific instructions.
5. Numbers, numbers, numbers. Have every one’s phone number.